Police Attack Detainees in Jaw Prison: Activists
2021-03-18 - 5:56 am
Bahrain Mirror: Social media activists said that the police in Jaw Prison attacked detainees who refused to enter their prison cells.
President of Salam for Democracy and Human Rights, Jawad Fairooz, said "news reported from Jaw Prison are very worrying and indicates that guards attacked some prisoners," highlighting that what is going on is similar to March 2015 incidents.
Fariooz indicated that these protests came after prisoner of conscience, Sheikh Zuheir Ashour, was attacked and bet.
Sheikh Ashour was transferred to a prison cell and held with criminal prisoners as a kind of punishment. However, he was brutally attacked by a former soldier who is spending a jail term over a criminal case.
"Reliable sources confirmed that riot police were brought into prison wards. They suppressed prisoners, sprayed them with pepper spray and bet them. The confrontation turned into hand-to-hand fight," he said.
Human rights activist Yousif Al-Khawaja demanded the competent parties to explain what happened in Jaw Prison.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini