Known Supporter of Bahraini People, Lebanese Sheikh Ahmad Al-Zein Dies
2021-03-04 - 6:10 am
Bahrain Mirror: Sheikh Ahamd Al-Zein, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Association of Muslim Scholars and a former Sharia judge in the Lebanese city of Sidon, died in a heart stroke.
Al-Zein played a prominent role in supporting the political movement of the Bahraini people and their demands.
Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society expressed deep grief over the cleric's death. It said via its Twitter account that it offers its sincere condolences and sympathy to the people of Lebanon and the Arab and Islamic people, praying God to grant him mercy and forgiveness.
Al-Wefaq Deputy Secretary-General Sheikh Hussein Al-Daihi said "May God grant Sheikh Ahmad Al-Zein mercy. He was a pioneer and leader in the journey of rapprochement and Islamic unity and a supporter for vulnerable peoples like the people of Palestine and Bahrain. We offer sincere condolence to his family and members of Association of Muslim Scholars."
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini