Three COVID-19 Cases among Prisoners: Al-Wadaei
2021-02-17 - 4:50 am
Bahrain Mirror: Director of Bahrain Institute for Rights and Democracy, Sayed Ahmed Al-Wadaei, confirmed that 3 political prisoners have been infected with Coronavirus in the notorious Jaw Prison.
The infected prisoners are: Sadiq Al-Ghasra, his borther Hassan and Bader Shamlan. Al-Wedaei said on his Twitter account that the infected prisoners are in building 20, adding that there is real risk of further infections in the light of the Interior Ministry's silence.
About a week ago, the Interior Ministry stated that a detainee in Jaw Prison was infected with Coronavirus and said that it quarantined people in contact with him.
It is to note that Coronavirus cases and deaths have dramatically increased in Bahrain.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms