GCC Leaders Change Name of "Joint Peninsula Shield Forces Command" to "GCC Unified Military Command"
2021-01-10 - 4:23 am
Bahrain Mirror: Leaders of the Gulf Cooperation Council states signed the final communique of the 41st Gulf Summit, hosted by the Saudi Al-Ula country on Tuesday (January 5, 2021).
The GCC states leaders and their representatives agreed on 117 articles that came in the final communique of the summit which was named "Summit of Sultan Qaboos and Sheikh Sabah".
Article 51 read: The Supreme Council approved the amendment of Article 6 of the Joint Defense Agreement, by changing the name of the "Joint Peninsula Shield Forces Command" to the "GCC Unified Military Command".
Article 58 stated: The Supreme Council welcomed the US's decision to classify the so-called Saraya Al-Ashtar and Saraya Al-Mukhtar, found in the Kingdom of Bahrain and backed by Iran, as "terrorist" organizations. This reflects the commitment to combat terrorism as well as its supporters and instigators.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations