Al-Wefaq Holds Virtual Meeting Entitled "Bahrain: Where to?" Marking Sheikh Ali Salman's 6th Year Behind Bars
2020-12-31 - 12:23 am
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society holds a virtual meeting on Wednesday entitled "Bahrain: Where to?" on the sixth anniversary of its Secretary-General Sheikh Ali Salman's arrest.
Joining the conference, which will be aired live at 7:30 (Manama timing) via social media outlets, will be the former Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, former Egyptian presidential candidate Hamdeen Sabahi, the Palestinian Archbishop of Jerusalem's Greek Orthodox Church Atallah Hanna, General Secretary of the Union of Resistance Scholars Sheikh Maher Hamood, and Palestinian Minister of Religious Endowments in Gaza Ismail Radwan. There will also be interventions by Tunisian MP Zouheir Makhlouf, writer and political thinker Rifaat Ahmed, lawyer and politician Bushra Al-Khalil, Islamic Jihad Movement leader Ahmad Al Mudallal, Geopolitics Alert Randi Nord, and a member of the Stop the War Coalition Stephen Bell, in addition to a number of personalities.
The authorities arrested Sheikh Ali Salman on December 28, 2014 and he is serving a life sentence for collaborating with Qatar. This charge came over the Saudi, Emirati and Bahraini dispute escalation with Qatar.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges