Gov't won't Disburse Annual Increase for Retirees this Year: Parliamentary Sources
2020-12-07 - 7:51 p
Bahrain Mirror: Al-Ayam newspaper quoted parliamentary sources as saying that the meeting between representatives of the government headed by Minister of Finance and National Economy with the Parliament's Services Committee on Sunday (December 6, 2020) did not reach an agreement on the decree of the pension law which the government referred to the House of Representatives last summer.
The sources reported that the government stated during the meeting that the cost of the annual increase for retirees is about 16 million dinars, and suggested to stop the increase this year and resume its disbursement in the coming years for low-income pensioners only, after seeking the opinion of the actuary expert, however, the committee refused, and insisted on disbursing it this year.
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin