Bahrain Ordered More than One Million Doses of Coronavirus Vaccines since August
2020-11-11 - 7:23 am
Bahrain Mirror: Manaf Al-Qahtani, member of the National Medical Taskforce for Combating the Coronavirus, said that Bahrain made an order last August to purchase more than 1 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccines being developed by BioNTech and Pfizer; British firm AstraZeneca and the Chinese Sinopharm. The Kingdom of Bahrain, in cooperation with the United Arab Emirates, participated in the Phase 3 clinical trial for a potential Covid-19 vaccine, being developed by Sinopharm.
Al-Qahtani said that the selection of the vaccines was made by the National Taskforce for Combating COVID-19 after following up on the developments vaccine trials in the world.
He said that Bahrain is in continued contact with the other medical first which are developing the potential COVID-19 vaccine.
- 2023-04-02GCHR Says Violations Ongoing in Bahrain, Demands Applying "Magnitsky Act" against Perpetrators
- 2023-04-01Human Rights Council Working Group on Arbitrary Detention Demands Release of Naji Fateel
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike