Al-Wefaq Communicates with Palestinian Leaders, Emphasizes Popular Commitment to Palestinian Cause
2020-10-21 - 4:03 am
Bahrain Mirror: Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society said that it communicated with the Palestinian leaderships and emphasized the fundamental principles and complete popular commitment to the Palestinian cause, which it dubbed "the first central cause".
Al-Wefaq's Deputy Secretary-General, Sheikh Hussein Al-Daihi, contacted the head of the political bureau of Hamas, Ismail Haniyeh, Secretary-General of the Islamic Jihad Movement, Ziad Nakhaleh, and Deputy Secretary-General of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, Mr. Abu Ahmed Fouad.
Al-Daihi assured them of the position of the Bahraini people towards the Palestinian cause, the national consensus on the rejection of normalization, and the Bahraini anger towards the regime's steps with the Zionist enemy, the last of which was the disastrous delegations with which the regime signed illegal agreements. He also assured them that the people of Bahrain had not authorized the regime in any step related to normalization and the relationship with the Zionist entity.
Al-Daihi further said that the regime's steps lack popular and constitutional acceptance and are beyond the popular will and approval, adding that they are not consistent with the Bahraini values and principles.
On the other hand, the Palestinian leaders praised the position of the Bahraini people, stressing that they know the real position of the people of Bahrain, which rejects normalization with the Zionists and supports the Palestinian cause.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms