Authorities Summon Sheikh Mounir Maatouk, Arrest Youths for Announcing Refusal to Normalization with Israeli Entity
2020-09-29 - 1:16 am
Bahrain Mirror: The authorities summoned Sheikh Mounir Maatouk for speaking about normalization between the regime and the Israeli entity. Maatouk said that the agreement does not reflect the desire of the people of Bahrain, known historically for their support of the Palestinian cause.
The authorities also arrested two young youths from Abu Sabea and another one from Manama, after they were accused of participating in peaceful activities against normalization with Israelis.
The interior ministry arrested poet Abdulhussein Ahmed after he published a poem condemning normalization.
The regime is trying to build a wall of fear and criminalize any criticism of the normalization agreement it signed with the Israeli entity under the auspices of the U.S. president on September 15 in Washington, D.C.
Bahrain has witnessed more than 150 demonstrations denouncing normalization.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations