Bahraini Poet Arrested for Publishing Poem against Normalization
2020-09-27 - 8:47 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahraini activists confirmed that local authorities arrested a poet for publishing a poem against normalization with the Israeli entity.
The authorities arrested poet Abdulhussein Ahmed Ali, days after he published a poem against normalization, Bahraini accounts reported.
On September 11, Bahrain and the UAE signed a normalization agreement with the Israeli occupation under an American auspices in Washington, D.C.
Bahrain's move was met with popular rejection. Citizens staged protests calling for the cancellation of the agreement, which the Shura Council and Parliament only blessed in a joint statement.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations