Bahraini, Israeli Defence Ministers Discuss Establishing "Defensive Partnership"
2020-09-15 - 6:35 p
Bahrain Mirror: A telephone call was held on Monday between Defence Affairs Minister, Abdulla bin Hassan Al-Nuaimi, and his Israeli counterpart, Benny Gantz, Bahrain News Agency reported.
They talked about their common expectations for establishing a close partnership between the two defence ministries, which will contribute to developing the capabilities of the two countries and maintaining regional security.
The Israeli Defence Minister proposed to host his Bahraini counterpart during an official visit to Israel.
The two ministers agreed to continue dialogue between them.
On Friday, Bahrain announced reaching an agreement to achieve full diplomatic relations with Israel, under US auspices. The UAE has already normalized relations with Israel on August 13.
The agreement is expected to be signed tomorrow (Tuesday) in the White House, in the presence of the Israeli Prime Minister and UAE and Bahraini foreign ministers, Abdullah Al-Zayed and Abdullatif Al-Zayani.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms