Netanyahu Sees Direct Israel-Bahrain Flights after Normalization Deal
2020-09-15 - 6:23 p
Bahrain Mirror- Reuters: A deal establishing relations between Israel and Bahrain will result in direct flights between the countries, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday.
"There will be brisk and direct air traffic between the countries," he said in remarks to the Israeli cabinet, a transcript of which was issued by his office.
The Bahrain deal, announced on Friday, followed a similar accommodation between another Gulf power, United Arab Emirates, and Israel and resulting pledges of direct air connections.
Saudi Arabia, while not recognizing Israel, has said it would allow Israeli airliners to overfly its territory en route to the Gulf.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms