Bahraini Regime Forces Sports, Religious and Social Institution to Support Normalization: Al-Wefaq
2020-09-14 - 7:37 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, Bahrain's largest opposition society, said on Sunday (September 13, 2020) that the Bahraini regime uses intimidation and threats to force some institutions to support its normalization agreement with the Zionist entity
"Several sports, religious and social institutions have been intimidated and frightened by the Bahraini regime to force them to issue supporting positions," Al-Wefaq said via its Twitter account.
"The Bahraini regime uses intimidation and threats to force some institutions to support its disastrous agreement with the Zionist entity."
Al-Wefaq announced on Friday its rejection to the agreement, after US President Donald Trump declared that Bahrain has followed the UAE in normalizing relations with Israel.
The agreement is expected to be signed tomorrow (Tuesday) in the White House, in the presence of the Israeli Prime Minister and UAE and Bahraini foreign ministers, Abdullah Al-Zayed and Abdullatif Al-Zayani.
Bahrain is the fourth Arab state that announces signing normalization agreement with Israel after Egypt (1979), Jordan (1994) and the UAE (2020).
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat