3 Bahraini NGOs: Declaration of Normalization with Israeli occupation is Most Dangerous Decision that Undermined National Sovereignty Concept
2020-09-14 - 6:47 am
Bahrain Mirror: Three Bahraini human rights organizations, namely the Bahrain Forum for Human Rights (BFHR), the Gulf Institute for Democracy and Human Rights (GIDHR), and Salam for Democracy and Human Rights (SALAM DHR), said that the declaration of normalization between Bahrain and the Israeli occupation entity is the most dangerous decision in the course of ending political rights in Bahrain. The organizations added that the declaration explicitly violates Article 1 of the Constitution by undermining sovereign decisions and the people's will, which once again indicated that the state's policies oppose democratic foundations and are far from a state of institutions and law, and make Bahrain a partner in the violations against the Palestinian people.
"While the declaration of normalization ignored the rights of Palestinians guaranteed under United Nations resolutions, the Bahraini authorities promote that they are incubators of coexistence and peace, even though their prisons are full of advocates of peace and equal citizenship and victims of oppression and torture," the statement added.
The statement explained that "The declaration opened the door to joint security and military cooperation between Bahrain and the Israeli occupation authorities, which could lead to more violations and raise the number of civilian casualties, and will also lead to strengthening security cooperation between the two parties to multiply the political repression inside Bahrain,"
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources