Turkey Strongly Condemns Decision by Bahrain to Establish Diplomatic Ties with Israel
2020-09-12 - 7:13 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Turkish Foreign Ministry strongly condemned the decision by Bahrain to establish diplomatic ties with Israel.
It said in a statement that the deal contradicts the commitments made under the Arab Peace Initiative and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), adding that this step will deliver a fresh blow to the efforts to defend the Palestinian cause and will further encourage Israel to continue its illegitimate practices toward Palestinians.
The statement emphasized that the only way to achieve lasting peace and stability in the Middle East is through a fair and comprehensive solution to the Palestinian issue within the framework of international law and U.N. resolutions.
US Donald Trump announced earlier on Friday that Bahrain has followed the UAE in normalizing relations with Israel.
Bahrain Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that Trump and King Hamad bin Isa agreed via a phone call establishing full diplomatic ties between Tel Aviv and Manama, Bahrain official news agency reported.
It is to mention that Bahrain is the fourth Arab state to normalize relations with Israel, after Egypt, Jordan and the UAE.
- 2023-03-22Interior Minister Says "Open Prison" Stage will Begin in Ramadan
- 2023-03-22Finance Ministry: Bahrain's Public Debt Amounts to BD16.7 Billion
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children