Bahrain Court: 3-Year Prison Term Handed down to Defendant Accused of Planting Mock Bomb in Aali
2020-07-25 - 11:22 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini Court of Appeal sentenced a defendant to 3 years in prison over charges of planting a mock bomb on Shaikh Zayed Street in the Aali area, opposite to a driving school.
The court of first instance had sentenced the accused to a 5-year prison term after accusing him of planting a mock model of explosives for a terrorist purpose.
The authorities had stated that they confiscated a black coated gas cylinder connected to electric wires, a digital watch and metal case, and reached the suspect through DNA evidence.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture