Bahraini Gov't Studies 12 New Recommendations to Amend Retirement Law
2020-07-16 - 11:36 p
Bahrain Mirror: A member of the Board of Directors of the Social Insurance Authority, representative of the General Federation of Bahrain Trade Unions, Suad Al-Mubarak, revealed that the Council approved 16 recommendations that included merging funds and stopping the annual raise for retirees.
"Discussions have been ongoing since last December, and it was assumed that the issue is under discussion, but we were surprised that the last emergency meeting was held this month to pass the proposals," said Mubarak during a seminar.
She further noted that the proposals included good points, including insurance for migrant workers, but the government did not rush it as it did with the proposal to stop the annual raise, and expressed her refusal to sacrifice the interests of workers in favor of the government and employers.
She said 4 of the 16 recommendations were passed.
The government said it has approved 4 emergency amendments and will study the remaining amendments.
- 2023-05-293 HR Organizations: Saudi Execution of Two Detained Bahrainis is Extrajudicial Killing
- 2023-05-29Bahrain Scholars: Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan are Two of the Nation's Martyrs
- 2023-05-29Sheikh Ali Salman Offers Condolences to Parents of Two Martyrs Sadiq Thamer, Jaafar Sultan
- 2023-05-29ADHRB: Execution of Two Bahrainis Brings Total Number of Executions in Saudi Arabia to 38
- 2023-05-29BFHR: Saudi Arabia Executes Two Bahrainis after Sham Trial