King Fahd Causeway to Reopen on July 27: Saudi Arabian Newspaper
2020-07-01 - 4:57 am
Bahrain Mirror: Saudi Arabia will reopen King Fahd Causeway on July 27, 2020, with the setting of strict protocols to limit the spread of the coronavirus, Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper reported.
The daily average number of travelers across the King Fahd Causeway is 75,000 passengers. Meanwhile, Bahrain welcomes 11 million visitors, around 9 million of whom Saudi tourists (they makeup 88% of the total visitors to Bahrain).
The bridge was closed on March 7 as part of the precautionary measures taken by Saudi Arabia to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This led to massive losses in Bahrain's economy, which relies on the King Fahd Causeway as the state's sole land port.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges