One-Year Jail Term Handed down to Defendants over Assembly Charge
2020-06-26 - 6:10 am
Bahrain Mirror: The High Criminal Court sentenced 3 defendants to one year in jail over assembling in Al-Khamis city.
The Interior Ministry said that it received a notice stating that 15 protestors set fire, blocked the street and threw stones against policemen. Only 3 of the protestors were caught.
The Public Prosecution accused the defendants of setting fire, along with other unknowns, on April 15, 2020, to the movables mentioned in the papers, which would put people's lives and money to danger. It also accused them of taking part, along with other unknowns, in an assembly of more than 5 persons, aiming at disrupting public peace, noting that they used violence to achieve the aim they gathered for.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture