Bahrain: Sports Activities to Resume Mid-July without Spectators
2020-06-17 - 6:41 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain announced on Tuesday (June 16, 2020) the resumption of sports activity and local sports leagues from mid-July, without the spectators. The decision was taken today during the government executive committee chaired by Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa.
The Government Executive Committee said that based on a proposal submitted by the Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs and the recommendation of the National Taskforce for Combatting the Coronavirus (COVID-19), indoor and outdoor training may resume for professional athletes and national teams, in accordance with set guidelines. The committee declared that national sports leagues may resume their activities from the mid of July, but without the presence of spectators.
The Bahrain association suspended sports activities on March 19 after the outbreak of Coronavirus in the country.
- 2023-04-02GCHR Says Violations Ongoing in Bahrain, Demands Applying "Magnitsky Act" against Perpetrators
- 2023-04-01Human Rights Council Working Group on Arbitrary Detention Demands Release of Naji Fateel
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike