Coronavirus: Bahrain Ranked 2 in terms of States that have Population of More than 100,000
2020-06-10 - 6:56 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain has become the fifth country cross the world in terms of Coronavirus cases with respect to population.
Ranging between Bahrain and Qatar, which are at the forefront of this index, there are 3 small countries, with a population of less than 100,000 (the Vatican, San Marino and Andorra), making Bahrain the second country after Qatar, in terms of states that have a population of more than 100,000.
The number of infections increased in the country during the months of May and June to reach 15,000, while the number of deaths increased to nearly 29, with more than 5,000 active cases, 13 of whom are in intensive care.
The authorities had to change their procedures in dealing with infections to allow for the first time home isolation, rather than hospital isolation, in an indication to the pressure on the capacity of isolation centers.
Although the authorities boasted about their way in dealing with the crisis, they, like the rest of the Gulf States, experienced a shocking new wave of the virus due to the high number of expatriates working and living under harsh conditions.
The authorities had backed away from opening mosques to Friday prayers, but kept shops open and allowed barber shops to open at the end of last month.
"Although the situation in Europe is improving, globally it is worsening," WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stated.
- 2023-03-22Interior Minister Says "Open Prison" Stage will Begin in Ramadan
- 2023-03-22Finance Ministry: Bahrain's Public Debt Amounts to BD16.7 Billion
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children