King Hamad Pardons 16 Filipinos: Filipino Official
2020-06-01 - 6:15 p
Bahrain Mirror: Sixteen Filipinos detained in Bahrain have been granted royal pardon and will soon return to the country, a Palace official announced Sunday (May 31, 2020).
The President of the Philippines President Duterte issued a statement in which he expressed his gratitude to King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa of Bahrain for his "act of humanity" towards the imprisoned Filipinos.
The statement said that King Hamad granted Royal Pardon to 16 Filipinos in the Kingdom of Bahrain, including two who were pardoned on the occasion of Eid'l Fitr.
"His Majesty King Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa's forgiveness paves the way for the release of these 16 Filipinos and their return to the Philippines in due course," a Filipino official stated.
Back in March, the King of Bahrain pardoned a number of Filipinos as part of precautionary measures due to the outbreak of the new virus.
International human rights organizations urge Bahrain to release political prisoners in the light of the Coronavirus outbreak in the country.
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife