GFWTUB Calls to Stop Working in "Flexible Work Permit" System
2020-05-02 - 6:09 am
Bahrain Mirror: The General Federation of Workers Trade Unions in Bahrain (GFWTUB) said that May 1st comes this year in the light of exceptional circumstances labor movement is facing everywhere on the earth, as the Coronavirus pandemic invaded the world.
Recent estimates by the International Labor Organization (ILO) indicate that 81% of the world's total workforce, or about 2.7 billion workers, are affected by the economic consequences of the pandemic.
The union said in a statement that the working class is the most affected by the health, social and economic impacts of the Coronavirus epidemic, as workers stand in the front lines of fighting the pandemic.
It called for paying attention to the flaws of the flexible work permit system, its dangers on the Bahraini labor market and its inability to provide social protection to holders of such permits. The union called to stop working in this system and gradually put it to an end.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons