BPA Condemns Transferring Imprisoned Journalist Al-Jaziri to Solitary Confinement, Holds NIHR Responsible
2020-04-12 - 8:22 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain Press Association (BPA) condemned transferring imprisoned journalist Mahmoud Al-Jaziri to solitary confinement for reporting on conditions inside Bahraini prisons and lack of real precautionary measures to confront Coronavirus, and held the National Institution for Human Rights (NIHR) responsible.
In a statement it published on the Internet on Saturday (April 11, 2020), BPA called on the NIHR to pressure in order to release Al-Jaziri from the solitary confinement and to perform its duties "impartially and professionally".
The association demanded the release of Al-Jaziri and all prisoners "as a precautionary step to face the Coronavirus outbreak."
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom