Officer Hisham Al-Zayani Punishes Detainees who Revealed Lies of Procedures to Confront Coronavirus in Jaw prison
2020-04-10 - 10:21 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Jaw Prison director Hisham Al-Zayani punished a number of political prisoners who said that there are no real preventive measures to confront the Coronavirus, after the statement of National Institution of Human rights, Maria Khoury.
Al-Zayani prevented prisoners from the calls they usually make on Thursday and Friday after they spoke about the reality of the conditions inside the prison.
He also threatened prisoners to place them in solitary confinement, as he did with detained journalist Mahmoud Al-Jaziri, who is now in solitary confinement and handcuffed, according to activists.
The authorities punish detainees by harassing them in case they disclose the violations they are subjected to. Meanwhile, dozens of officers and policemen have not been punished for repeated ill-treatment and humiliation of detainees.
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife