120 Citizens Arrived from Iran within Slow Evacuation Plan
2020-04-07 - 9:02 p
Bahrain Mirror: The fifth batch of stranded Bahrainis in Iran arrived yesterday (April 6, 2020) to Bahrain International Airport within the slow evacuation plan of the Bahraini authorities to evacuate Bahrainis stuck abroad.
120 Bahrainis were on board the plane coming from Iran. This is the first evacuation batch of citizens stranded in Tehran. Meanwhile, the Health Ministry said that a group of citizens found in Iran arrived in Bahrain within the evacuation plan in accordance with the needed health preventive measures.
This flight comes within the evacuation plan for those stranded in Iran set by the Bahraini authorities, after repeated delays that resulted in the deaths of seven citizens there.
The first batch of citizens stranded in Iran returned to Bahrain on March 10, 2020, on Oman Salam Airlines flight with 165 citizens on-board, before the evacuation was stopped until Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
The second batch arrived on a Kish Air with 61 citizens on-board, and the third batch arrived from Iran on Monday, March 30, 2020. The fourth batch, which included 99 citizens, arrived from Mashhad on Thursday morning, April 2, 2020, in addition to two batches from Muscat and Qatar of citizens who had themselves come from Iran.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour