Bahrain Clerics Urge Releasing Prisoners before Coronavirus Invades Prison
2020-04-05 - 1:20 am
Bahrain Mirror: A number of Shiite religious scholars in Bahrain issued a statement stressing on the "necessity to release prisoners of conscience in Bahrain before this virus invades the prison." They warned of the consequences of the authorities' disregard for the call launched by Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim to release political prisoners.
The statement said that Qassem is one of the few people who have sensed danger before it took place. Many years and various experiences have proven that Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim is an aware leader who is sincerely keen on fulfilling what is in the interest of the country. He is at the forefront of those who sense any harm or danger that could threaten the present and future of the country.
The clerics confirmed Sheikh Qassim's warnings and the need to release prisoners of conscience in Bahrain before a catastrophe hits, because if the virus enters the prison, God forbid, no one can predict its consequences and no one can stop it amid these worrying conditions.
They noted that Islamic duty calls upon every wise leader who is keen on protecting the country and its citizens to warn against danger before it happens.
The clerics explained that if political prisoners aren't released, which is their legitimate and constitutional right, the prison administration should act responsibly in the face of the spread of this epidemic, whose consequences are still unknown.
The Bahraini religious scholars reiterated at the end of their statements the warnings of Sheikh Isa Qassim and wished the best for the nation.
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources