Sheikh Al-Daihi Stresses Importance of Releasing Prisoners in Bahrain
2020-04-04 - 8:39 am
Bahrain Mirror: Al-Wefaq Deputy Secretary-General, Sheikh Hussein Al-Daihi, stressed on the importance of the call launched by Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim to release the political prisoners, in order to protect their souls in the light of the Coronavirus outbreak.
Al-Daihi said in a videotaped message via his Twitter account that Bahrainis, like people in other countries, have simple potentials to confront this epidemic using the various preventive measures.
He wondered how would be the conditions of prisoners in Bahrain in case this epidemic spreads in prisons, adding that this would put prisoners' lives to real danger.
Al-Daihi stressed that Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim's call to release the political prisoners stems from his keenness on the country's interest and fear on the lives of thousands of inmates.
He said that several countries took a similar step and released the prisoners due to the coronavirus outbreak and its complications.
Sheikh Al-Daihi called on all effective people in the Bahraini field to adopt and support this call because it falls in the interest of prisoners' lives and country as well.
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife