After 3 Days Flight, 76 Bahrainis Arrive in Bahrain through Omani Salam Air
2020-03-29 - 6:34 am
Bahrain Mirror: 76 citizens stranded in Iran for over a month arrived on Saturday (March 28, 2020) in Bahrain through Oman Salam Air, after Gulf Air refused to return them from Muscat.
The return flight lasted 3 days and citizens had to use 4 planes to arrive home. The 76 passengers were transferred from Mashhad to Tehran, from Tehran to Doha, from Doha to Muscat and from Muscat to Bahrain.
The Gulf Air's refusal to transfer the Bahrainis yesterday led to public outrage on social media outlets. Meanwhile, the Omani authorities pressured Bahrain to allow the return of its citizens on another plane, especially that the decision to close Oman's airspace will come into effect on Sunday, March 29, 2020.
For its part, the Bahraini Ministry of Health said in a brief statement that the chartered plane carrying citizens from Muscat, who came from Iran through Doha, arrived in the Kingdom of Bahrain after the activation of tight precautionary measures.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges