Kuwaiti Court Sentences Former Health Minister, Other Officials to 7 years in Jail in Corruption Case
2020-01-29 - 9:03 p
Bahrain Mirror: A Kuwaiti court issued a seven-year jail sentence against former health minister Ali Al-Obeidi and issued the same sentence against a former ministry undersecretary, a current senior official and an agent of a foreign company. The court set 10.000 KD as a bail to suspend the sentence, bound the convicts to pay a total of 243 million dollars and suspended them from their jobs.
Deputy Prime Minister Anas Khaled issued orders preventing the accused from traveling outside the country.
The court stated that the defendants caused financial damages to the Ministry of Health.
- 2022-07-07Israel Reaches Record Trade Increase With Arab States Under Abraham Accords
- 2022-06-10Israeli PM Bennett Visits Abu Dhabi, Meets with UAE President
- 2022-06-10Israelis to be Allowed into Qatar for World Cup, Officials Say
- 2022-06-06Biden should not Visit Saudi, Meet Crown Prince: US Lawmaker Adam Schiff
- 2022-06-01Israel Signs UAE Free Trade Deal, Its First in Arab World