Retinal Detachment Patient Detainee Hussein Abdulaziz Released Two and Half Month before Finishing his Prison Term
2020-01-23 - 2:35 am
Bahrain Mirror: The security authorities released today (Wednesday, January 22, 2020) detainee, Hussein Abdulaziz Al-Marri, who is sentenced to 5 years in jail in a political motivated case.
Al-Marri (24 years) was released two and a half months before finishing his prison term within the alternative penalty law. He will remain under surveillance for the period left of his sentence.
The authorities also released today cancer patient detainee Elias Al-Mulla and multiple sclerosis patient detainee Mohammad Faraj.
The authorities released in the past two months a number of political detainees within the alternative penalty law or for humanitarian reasons. This step was welcomed by opposition figures.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People