Al-Wefaq: 133 Violations against Detainees, Prison Terms Exceeding 400 Years against 49 Citizens during December
2020-01-15 - 7:28 p
Bahrain Mirror: Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, the largest opposition society, said that it monitored, during December 2019, continuing serious human rights violations, increase in abuses of arbitrary sentences or violations against conditions of prisoners of conscience.
According to the monthly report issued by Al-Wefaq in December 2019, 133 violations in Bahraini prisons were recorded against 105 prisoners of conscience, including 103 cases of denial of treatment, 6 enforced disappearances, 126 raids on homes, residential facilities and areas, as well as the arrest of 25 citizens to be presented to judicial parties.
49 citizens were sentenced to prison terms up to 403 years and 6 months, including 9 life imprisonments and fines reaching 1,700,000 dinars, equivalent to $4,515,000 and $600,000.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons