Bahrain Ranks 10th across the World in Terms of Journalists Arrest
2020-01-11 - 9:14 am
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Bahrain ranks 10th in the world in terms of journalists' arrests, new statistics issued by the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) show.
According to the committee's figures, Bahrain is arresting six people working in the media sector: blogger Abduljalil Al-Singace, photographer Ahmad Hmaidan, journalist Ali Mearaj, photographer Hassan Qambar, journalist Mahmoud Al-Jaziri and photographer Ahmed Al-Mousawi.
China, which arrests 48 journalists, ranked the first among the top 10 countries to arrest journalists, followed by Turkey, which arrests 47 then Egypt and Saudi Arabia which has 26 arrested journalists.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons