Bahrain Crown Prince speaks with U.S. Defense Secretary: BNA
2020-01-06 - 11:34 p
Bahrain Mirror- Reuters: Bahrain's Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa discussed by phone on Monday with U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper the importance of maintaining regional security and stability, state news agency BNA reported.
Their conversation followed the killing of a top Iranian military commander, Qassem Soleimani, in a U.S. drone strike on Friday at Baghdad airport that has sparked a major escalation of regional tensions.
Bahrain, headquarters of the U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet, has a Shi'ite Muslim majority population but is ruled by a Sunni royal family. It has accused mainly Shi'ite Iran of stoking unrest in the kingdom, which Tehran denies.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations