Cassation Court Upholds 6-Month Jail Term against Ibrahim Sharif with Suspension of Verdict
2020-01-02 - 8:51 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Cassation Court upheld a 6-month prison term against former Secretary-General of Wa'ad Ibrahim Shairf with the suspension of verdict to 3 years over charge of insulting the ousted Sudanese President Omar Al-Bashir.
The Public Prosecution summoned Sharif for investigation on December 30, 2018 over his tweets about the Sudanese uprising and Sudanese president Omar Al-Bashir. It charged him with insulting president of foreign state.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges