BICI Physician Asks King not to Sentence Mohammad Ramadan and Hussein Mousa to Death, Allow him Examine them
2019-12-25 - 4:11 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Forensic physician Allen Keller appealed the king not to sentence Hussein Mousa and Mohammad Ramadan to death.
Keller sent a letter to the king, via Twitter, in which he asked that Mohammad Ramadan and Hussein Mousa not be sentenced to death and verdict not be executed.
"It is my understanding there are serious allegations that [Mohammad] Ramadan and [Hussein] Mousa were subjected to torture," Keller wrote in his letter.
He added "In 2011, I had the privilege of serving as a forensic expert on torture for the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry (BICI)."
Keller said that he is willing to travel to Bahrain to examine Ramadan and Mousa as well as any other prisoners if this would be helpful and useful.
BICI revealed in its report that a number of prisoners had been tortured and forced to say confessions.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons