Pakistani Newspaper: Ties with Bahrain Strong, Faced some Controversy
2019-12-18 - 5:14 p
Bahrain Mirror: A Pakistani newspaper said that although Bahrain and Pakistan have traditionally enjoyed strong ties, these ties have faced some controversy.
Commenting of the visit of the Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan to Bahrain, the newspaper said that Bahrain recruited in 2011 retired officials of Pakistan's armed forces to help quell a popular uprising.
Bahrain has offered to mediate between Pakistan and India on the Kashmir issue, though it raised eyebrows in Pakistan in August after it took action against Pakistanis who protested in support of Kashmir following India's scrapping of the region's special status.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People