Bahraini Authorities Release 4 Women
2019-12-16 - 6:37 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini authorities released on Sunday (December 15, 2019) four Bahraini women as part of applying alternative penalty law.
The authorities released the three sisters Amal, Iman and Fatima Ali, who have been serving a 3-year prison sentence over political issues for more than a year and a half.
Last September, the judiciary rejected a request to replace their punishment before Public Prosecutor Ali Fadhl Al-Bouainain announced the release of hundreds of detainees at the king's directives.
The authorities also released Madina Ali, who has been detained since May 2018 on charges of covering up for wanted people.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons