Trial of Works Ministry Employee over Bribery Commences
2019-12-12 - 8:33 p
Bahrain Mirror: The First High Criminal Court started the trial of an employee in the Ministry of Works over demanding 2,000 BD bribe in order to pass lamps shipment that do not conform to the ministry's specifications.
The authorities say that the accused demanded the amount of money as a "tip" in order to amend one of the contracts articles. Meanwhile, the court decided to postpone the hearing until December 23 for pleading.
However, the accused said that he was surprised by the project manager in the company getting money out of her bag and putting it in front of him. The accused got confused and decided to take the money and hand it over to his manager in the ministry, but the security forces raided the site and arrested him.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture