Al-Wefaq: Bahrainis Subjected to Worst Forms of HR Violations since 9 Years
2019-12-11 - 11:24 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society said that Bahraini citizens have been subjected, for nine years in a row, to the worst forms of crimes, gross abuses and human rights violations.
Al-Wefaq said in a statement on December 10, the international day of the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, that the report of the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry (BICI) stated a part of what Bahrainis are subjected to, and the Human Rights Council registered in its various sessions and during Bahrain's Universal Periodic Review (UPR) dozens of recommendations on what is going on in Bahrain, noting that these recommendation have not been implemented to date.
"Meanwhile, the Bahraini regime continues to master the methods of repression, oppression, abuse and humiliation of citizens with the aim of discouraging them from demanding freedom, human dignity, justice and democracy. The Gulf State' relations with the United States and the United Kingdom are the main obstacle that hides the truth and gives the green light to the regime to continue and diversify the practices of state terrorism against Bahraini citizens," the statement read.
It added "although major countries and UN institutions are trying to show the names of different countries in various regions of the world as perpetrators of violations or longing for democracy, this is nothing compared to what Bahrainis are subjected to. What is going on in Bahrain will remain a true test of credibility and objectivity for the international community and UN institutions."
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons