Riyadh to Host Gulf Summit, Reconcile with Qatar Next Week
2019-12-03 - 9:04 p
Bahrain Mirror: Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Khaled Al Sabah revealed yesterday the date Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and the UAE with reconcile with Qatar, the Anadolu Agency reported.
Al Sabah said that this would take place at the Gulf state summit in Riyadh on 10 December.
He noted: "This summit will be a very important station for the reconciliation."
For the second consecutive year, Saudi Arabia hosts the summit of Gulf States.
Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the UAE and Egypt announced on 5 June 2017 that they would be launching a boycott of neighboring Qatar, accusing it of supporting terror and harboring terrorists. Allegations Doha denies.
Kuwait has been mediating between the parties in an effort to re-establish relations.
- 2022-07-07Israel Reaches Record Trade Increase With Arab States Under Abraham Accords
- 2022-06-10Israeli PM Bennett Visits Abu Dhabi, Meets with UAE President
- 2022-06-10Israelis to be Allowed into Qatar for World Cup, Officials Say
- 2022-06-06Biden should not Visit Saudi, Meet Crown Prince: US Lawmaker Adam Schiff
- 2022-06-01Israel Signs UAE Free Trade Deal, Its First in Arab World