Appeals Court Upholds Verdicts against 9 Defendants Accused of Managing "Ahrar Damistan" Account
2019-11-13 - 6:21 p
Bahrain Mirror: The First High Appeals Criminal Court rejected the appeals of a convict sentenced to two years in prison and upheld verdicts issued against 8 others in a case of managing an account on social media outlets.
The first instance court had sentenced the first suspect to 3 years in jail, fined him 100,000 BD and issued another 3 year-jail term against him over other charges. It also issued one-year jail term against the second, third and fourth suspects and fined each of them 2000 BD and issued 2-year-prison term against the fifth, sixth, seventh and eights suspects, and 3-month jail term against the ninth in a case of managing "Ahrar Damistan" account on Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture