Crown Prince Presides Cabinet Meeting amid News on Khalifa bin Salman's Health Deterioration
2019-11-12 - 8:22 p
Bahrain Mirror: Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa once again presided over the Cabinet session on Monday (November 11, 2019), Bahrain News Agency reported.
Prime Minister Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa has missed the Cabinet meetings since over a month. Meanwhile, Akhbar Al-Khaleej newspaper, which is close to him, published congratulatory correspondences he received on the success of his medical examinations, in reference to him suffering from a health condition.
People close to the Prime Minister and members in the ruling family posted on Sunday (November 10, 2019) prayers on social media outlets wishing healing for Khalifa bin Salman in what appears to be a sign of his deteriorating health, but the Prime Minister's Office has not published any official statement on the matter.
Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa is 83 years old and has been Bahrain's cabinet head since its establishment more than four decades ago.
- 2023-04-02GCHR Says Violations Ongoing in Bahrain, Demands Applying "Magnitsky Act" against Perpetrators
- 2023-04-01Human Rights Council Working Group on Arbitrary Detention Demands Release of Naji Fateel
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike