U.S.-Led Naval Coalition, Protecting Oil Tankers, Opens Command Center in Bahrain
2019-11-09 - 8:38 p
Bahrain Mirror- Reuters: The U.S.-led naval coalition in the Gulf, established in response to a series of attacks on oil tankers, opened a command center in Bahrain on Thursday, the U.S. Fifth Fleet said in a statement.
The attacks heightened the risk of disruption to Gulf oil exports shipped through the Strait of Hormuz. The United States blamed the attacks on Iran. Tehran denied the accusations.
The coalition is known as the International Maritime Security Construct (IMSC). Bahrain is also home to the Fifth Fleet.
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons
- 2023-03-17ADHRB to UN: What are Your Steps to Hold Bahrain Accountable for Spying on Dissidents?