Bahraini Nedal Al-Salman Named Vice President of FIDH
2019-10-25 - 7:46 am
Bahrain Mirror: Vice president of Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR) Nedal Al-Salman won the membership of the board of directors of the "International Federation for Human Rights" (FIDH) as vice president.
FIDH is an international human rights NGO federating 178 organizations from 120 countries. Since 1922, FIDH has been defending all civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Nedal Al-Salman is the acting president of Bahrain Center for Human Rights whose president, Nabeel Rajab, is in prison on charges related to tweets he posted on Twitter.
She won the presidency of "IFEX" several months ago.
Al-Salman is a human rights defender and is active in the promotion of women's rights in Bahrain.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons