Hamas Decries Israel's Participation in Bahrain Summit
2019-10-21 - 5:35 p
Bahrain Mirror: Palestinian group Hamas condemned Israel's participation in a United States-led maritime security meeting in Bahrain.
In a statement, Hamas spokesman Hazim Qasim said attempts to "integrate the Israeli occupation into the region are doomed to fail".
He blamed the parties that "normalize relations with Israel for Israeli assaults on the Palestinian people and their holy sites".
Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Oman are also expected to participate in the two-day summit, the main agenda of which will be the "Iranian threat in the Persian Gulf".
The maritime security meeting in Manama is a follow-up to the US-led anti-Iran conference held in the Polish capital of Warsaw in February.
The Israeli Foreign Ministry did not deny the report, telling Channel 13 that the conference was "part of the Warsaw process".
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges