Bahraini Protester Convicted of Burning Garbage Based on Helicopter Pilot Testimony
2019-09-30 - 5:24 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Court of Appeal upheld the conviction of two Bahrainis, sentencing them to two years imprisonment on charges of setting fire to tires, a garbage container and a water tank next to a gas station in the southern Sahla area.
The court based its verdict on the testimony of a helicopter pilot who claims that he witnessed one of the convicts watching him as he went from the gathering area in southern Sahla until he arrived in Al-Janbiya.
Human rights organizations condemn Bahraini court proceedings and say Bahraini protesters do not receive fair trials.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons