Bahrain Arrests 6 Citizens over Charge of Participating in Central Praying on 10th Muharram Eve
2019-09-28 - 5:08 p
Bahrain Mirror: Activists on social media outlets said that the Bahraini authorities decided to arrest 6 citizens over charge of participating in the central prayers held on the eve of the 10th of Muharram in downtown Manama.
Activists explained that the Public Prosecution decided to detain each of "Maytham Hussein, Radhi Al-Qatari, Ali Bou Hamad, Hussein Ammar Al-Aradi, Sayed Adnan Al-Alawi and Hasan Al-Zaki (Maqaba)" for 15 days pending investigation.
Last year, the authorities arrested dozens of citizens for participating in the central prayers held on the eve of 10th of Muharram in the capital Manama, in an attempt to further crackdown on the Shiite majority in practicing their religious rituals.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour