Trump Hosts Bahraini Crown Prince Next Week at White House
2019-09-13 - 8:21 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Associated Press said that the US President Donald Trump will host the Bahraini Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa next week in the White House. Iran and security in the Persian Gulf will be key topics of discussion.
"President Donald J. Trump will welcome His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al-Khalifa ... to the White House on September 16, 2019", the statement said on Thursday. "The two leaders are expected to discuss maritime security, countering the threat from Iran, efforts to promote peace in the region, and counterterrorism".
The upcoming visit will strengthen the strategic partnership between the United States and Bahrain, the White House said. The two countries are committed to expanding the bilateral economy and security cooperation, it added.
The Bahrain News Agency confirmed later on Thursday that Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa "will meet with President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, as well as other senior US officials, further strengthening longstanding bilateral ties".
The U.S. is leading a maritime security initiative in the Persian Gulf, which has become a flashpoint for tensions between Iran and the West.
Bahrain recently was the site of a conference where Trump's son-in-law and adviser, Jared Kushner, promoted the administration's $50 billion economic support plan for the Palestinians, which they have so far rejected because it doesn't address their political demands.
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom