Bahraini Authorities Continue to Crack Down on Shiites by Summoning Ashura Eulogy Reciters and Preachers
2019-09-06 - 11:40 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): The authorities in Bahrain continue to harass the Shiite majority by constantly summoning Ashura eulogy reciters and preachers, who belong to the Shiite sect, for interrogation.
According to numbers prepared by Bahrain Mirror, since the beginning of the Ashura season five days ago, the security authorities have summoned 10 Shiite clerics, 4 eulogy reciters, and the head of a Hussainiya or Ma'tam (Shiite congregation hall).
The names of the clerics are as follows: "Sheikh Issa Eid, Sheikh Sadiq Rabie, Sheikh Fadel Al-Zaki, Sheikh Abdul Mohsen Mulla Attia Al Jamri, Sheikh Munir Al-Maatouq, Sheikh Mahmoud Al-Ajimi, Sheikh Hamed Ashour, Sheikh Jaafar Al-Sayegh, Mullah Qasim Zinedine and Mullah Jawad Al-Mirza."
The authorities also summoned reciters: "Ali Hammadi, Mahdi Sahwan, Sayed Hadi Al-Biladi and Ahmad Al-Owainati" as well as the head of Ansar Al-Haq Ma'tam, in addition to the destruction of Ashura manifestations that was observed in the towns of Musalla and Al-Markh.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations